Buñelos are a popular snack throughout Latin America. While they can be eaten at anytime, Bolivian tradition sees them eaten on Christmas morning with syrup and hot chocolates. Here’s a recipe for these tasty treats.
- 2 tsp yeast
- 1 tsp anise
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup of singani
- 5 cups plain flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Zest of 1/2 lime
- 1/2 cup syrup (to serve)
- Mix 1/3 cup of warm water and the yeast, letting stand for 15mins.
- Soak the anise in 1 cup of water and wait 1 minute.
- Slowly add in the flour, mixing constantly.
- Add the cinnamon, lime zest, eggs, pisco, salt and sugar, and stir.
- Add the yeast mix and stir in.
- Kneed into a (sticky) dough, adding a bit more flour if needed.
- Let the dough stand covered with a kitchen towel, until it doubles in size.
- On a…
Ver la entrada original 42 palabras más